Soft Sugar Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 c granulated sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line Two large Baking Sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium size bowl. set aside.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, and granulated sugar until combined.
4. Add egg yolks and vanilla extract.
5. Add Flour Mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
6. Using a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, scoop dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons each, roll in sugar and place onto prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes until tops of cookie start to crack. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack. Let completely on wire rack.
Found this recipe on Deliciously Sprinkled