The Best Homemade Cheesecake
1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoon sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
3 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs, separated
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Crust: Combine all ingredients and press against sides and bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
3. Filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together cream cheese, sugar, 4 egg yolks, lemon juice and vanilla
4. In another bowl, beat 4 egg whites until stiff and creamy. Fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust in springform pan.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another hour with the door closed.
6. Freeze several hours before serving. Remove from freezer and remove from pan before allowing the cheesecake to thaw.