Ham and Potato Cheddar Soup
2 Cups diced peeled potatoes
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup sliced carrot
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup butter, cubed
14 cup all purpose four
2 cups 2% milk
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups (8 oz) sharp shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups cooked ham, cubed
1 cup corn
1. In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, chicken broth, carrot and onion. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter.
4. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk, salt and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
6. Stir the mixture into the potatoes and chicken broth. Stir in cheese until melted.
7. Add Ham and Corn. Heat through.
I found this recipe at The Recipe Critic