National French Toast Day
Today, November 28th we celebrate National French Toast Day!
French Toast is a dish that you can serve at any meal during the day Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. There is all kinds of topping that you can eat with French toast. For example you can eat it with maple syrup, sugar, cinnamon, whipped cream, or fruit.
Did you know that French toast has gone by a few other names in history? Like American Toast, German Toast and Spanish Toast.
Today I'm going to share a recipe for some good French Toast that we can make and eat to celebrate this great day!
Easy Country French Toast
8 Slices Texas Toast
2 Large eggs
1 c whole milk
1 1/2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
1 teaspoon butter
pinch of salt
1. Preheat a large skillet or griddle over medium low heat
2. Using a large bowl, beat eggs with vanilla extract, milk and salt.
3. Melt butter on skillet or griddle.
4. Place bread into batter to coat on one side. Flip over and repeat with other side. Don't soak the bread just make sure each side is covered.
5. Place on skillet or griddle until browned - 1 minute pre side.
6. serve with your desired toppings
I found this recipe at Country Recipe Book.